If planning for centers is taking up too much time, you'll love this BIG bundle of reading task cards! It includes more than 200 cards that address reading and language arts skills at the 2nd to 3rd grade level.
These task cards make the perfect no-prep activity for reading centers. Just set out a set and the kids can get to work. They can also be used for Scoot, independent practice, and even quick formative assessments.
Includes the following sets:
• Main Idea - Finding the main idea of a paragraph is the focus of these task cards and assessments/worksheets. Students read a paragraph on each card, choose the correct main idea, and record their answer. Includes 20 task cards, recording sheet, answer key. These can be used in literacy centers, as a Scoot game, for review, and more. Assessments/Worksheets - Students read three paragraphs and cut/paste the correct main idea statement. Includes two versions.
• Multiple Meaning Words/Context Clues - Using context clues to determine the meaning of multiple meaning words is the focus of these task cards.Each card has a sentence containing a multiple meaning word. Students must use context to determine the meaning of that underlined word and choose the correct definition - either the chocolate scoop or the strawberry scoop.
• Author's Purpose - This resource helps students learn to use text to determine the author's purpose for writing. There are three different activities included in this file: task cards, worksheet, and digital Boom Cards for practice on any device. On each task cards, students read a short paragraph and decide the author's reason for writing.
• Parts of Speech - These task cards give students practice identifying words in context based on their parts of speech. (For example, students read the sentence and are asked to identify which word is an adverb.) The following parts of speech are addressed in this set: noun, pronoun, verb, adverb, adjective.
• Plural Noun Spelling Patterns - This set of task cards provides plenty of practice with the plural noun spelling patterns of s, es, and ies. On each task card, students read a singular noun and then choose the correct spelling for the plural form.
• Grammar Pirate - This is a set of 28 task cards for grammar and language arts review with a fun pirate theme. Each card has a language arts/grammar related question appropriate for 2nd to 3rd grade. Question topics include common and proper nouns, verbs, plurals, contractions, punctuation, past tense, compound words, contractions, prefixes, suffixes, and root words.
• Variant Vowels and Diphthongs - The vowel teams of ai, au, ea, oa, oi, ou, and ue (variant vowels and vowel diphthongs) are the focus of these task cards.
Each card requires the student to read a word with a variant vowel team and then choose another word that has the same sound.
• Subject-Verb Agreement - This is a set of task cards for determining the correct verb tense within a sentence. Each task card in this set includes a sentence with a missing verb. After reading the sentence, the student will choose the apple with the correct form of the verb. They will color in their answer - either red, yellow, or green - on the recording sheet.
• Prefixes and Suffixes - This set of task cards helps students learn how common prefixes and suffixes affect word meaning. Each task card includes a word and a sentence that provides context for the word. After reading the word and sentence, student will choose the answer choice that best defines the word. Also includes a second set of cards without the sentences which allows you to see who understands the word meanings without needing to use context clues.
Each set includes 20 - 28 task cards, recording sheets, and answer keys. Several sets also include a companion activity as mentioned above.
Connect with Me!
• Fishyrobb's Pond
• Fishyrobb on Pinterest
• Fishyrobb on Instagram
• Fishyrobb on Facebook
• Fishyrobb on Twitter