This is a bundle.
High Interest---Low level passages.
For students in 4th - 10th grades reading below grade level.
Included are SIX articles with questions, each written at a 3rd or beginning 4th grade reading level.
- "12,000 Miles a Day"
- "What Do You Like to Do?"
- "The Great Outdoors, Right?"
- "The Ultimate Eating Machine"
- Paired Passages: "Meet Sue" and "Learning from the Past"
Articles and questions develop critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Teaching Guide
- Strategies for answering test questions
- Gradual Release of Responsibility--Explanation and examples
- Teaching Schedule
- 6 Passages with open-ended & multiple choice question and prompts
- Answer keys
- Handouts for answering prompts
Photographs & prompts help students make connections to the text.
Three types of questions with answer keys are provided.
- Multiple Choice Questions & answer key
- Open Ended Questions & answer key
- Prompts & sample paragraphs
All are aligned to Common Core Standards.
Give struggling readers extra practice in reading, writing, and answering comprehension questions for state tests.
Model easy-to--use strategies that help students become better at answering questions.
This can be a few simple reading activities answering multiple-choice questions.
Or choose to use the strategies provided with the three question types to build skills finding the best answers. Add in responding to the prompt and students get additional practice organizing their thoughts to write complete paragraphs.