- Over 100 minilessons to engage your readers in understanding how to make meaning while reading. These minilessons have actively engaged hundreds of readers to be more successful during independent reading. Grab this bank of minilessons to save you time and energy when planning your reading instruc$145.00$163.50Save $18.50
The intention of this collection of minilessons for Reading Test Preparation is not to bore and overwhelm children with a Testing Boot Camp, but, rather prepare them for the kinds of reading they will see on a standardized test.
Children must still have thoughtful and explicit comprehension instruction right before the test. Reading does not stop, however, we do have to work in some time to teach children what to expect on a standardized reading test. Reading this type of text takes careful reading and intention. It is a reading genre that students must understand.
Included in this unit are minilessons designed to help students understand the genre of standardized reading.
Included are minilessons to understand how annotating a testing passage can lead you to the answers.
Included are minilessons to understand the types of questioning a standardized testing passage can have.
This product is also part of my Reading Workshop Curriculum Bundle.
You might also be interested in these other Reading Units of Study...
- Launching Readers' Workshop
- Introducing the Inquiry Process
- Monitoring Comprehension
- Following Characters Through a Fiction Story
- Reading Informational Text
- Inferring for Understanding
- Poetry--It's More Than Rhyme Schemes and Stanzas
- Synthesizing Text for a Deeper Understanding
- Book Projects--Fostering Student Independence
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures