Reading Warm-ups - Blasts! Fiction #1 – Grade 4 is a set of twenty short, fiction reading passages coupled with four or more multiple choice questions that assess student knowledge and performance on grade four reading objectives that focus on fiction text. Each individual warm-up is designed to be used as a short daily reading practice. Students read a passage and answer questions based on the passage. An answer key is provided, too.
These are the same passages and questions as the first twenty fiction passages and questions from Reading Warm-ups – Grade 4. Be careful not to duplicate your purchases.
This product was previously sold as Reading Blasts! Fiction #1 – Grade 4. Everything in this product, Reading Warm-ups – Blasts! Fiction #1 – Grade 4, is the same as what was in Reading Blasts! #1 – Grade 4. Only the name is different.
Reading objectives assessed in the questions following the passages include:
- Word Meaning
- Point of View
- Main Idea/Details
- Drawing Conclusions
- Visual Features
- Sensory Language
- Making Connections
This chart shows the type of genre for each passage included in this set of blasts:
- 4.1 – Story – The Catch - 4.17 – Story - Cooking
- 4.4 – Journal - Journal - 4.19 – Story - Bowling
- 4.5 – Story – The Pool - 4.20 – Story - Blackberries
- 4.6 – Paired - Story/Story – Eric / Miguel - 4.22 – Story - Bird
- 4.8 – Paired – Story/Newspaper – Jomana’s Report About Field Day / Field Day
a Huge Success - - 4.23 – Paired – Letter/Letter
- 4.10 – Story - Fatima - 4.28 – Story – The Dragon
- 4.11 – Paired – Letter/Letter – Letter From Henry / Letter from Samuel
- 4.30 – Story – The Garage
- 4.12 – Story – The Garage - 4.31 – Story - Grandpa
- 4.14 – Story – The Mystery Archer - 4.32 – Story - Waiting
- 4.15 – Story - Grandfather - 4.35 – Story – Two Armies
These blasts can be used in a variety of ways. You may have your students read the passage and answer the questions in class. The answers can be checked in class and discussed immediately. The blasts can be assigned as homework and checked in class the next day. Several blasts can be put together as a mini-test.
These same passages and questions also appear in these Grade 4 products: Reading Warm-ups – Blasts! #1, 2, 3, and 4 and Reading Warm-ups – Super Blasts! – Fiction. Be careful not to duplicate your purchases.