Reading Warm-ups - Blasts! – Nonfiction / Procedural – Grade 3 is a set of twenty-four short , nonfiction and procedural reading passages coupled with four or more multiple choice questions that assess student knowledge and performance on grade three reading objectives that focus on nonfiction and procedural text. Each individual warm-up is designed to be used as a short daily reading practice. Students read a passage and answer questions based on the passage. An answer key is provided, too.
These are the same nonfiction and procedural passages and questions as the nonfiction and procedural passages and questions from Reading Warm-ups – Grade 3. Be careful not to duplicate your purchases.
This product was previously sold as Reading Blasts! Nonfiction / Procedural – Grade 3. Everything in this product, Reading Warm-ups – Blasts! - Nonfiction / Procedural – Grade 3, is the same as what was in Reading Blasts! – Nonfiction / Procedural – Grade 3. Only the name is different.
Reading objectives assessed in the questions following the passages include:
- Word Meaning
- Asking Questions
- Main Idea/Details
- Text Structure
- Visual Features
- Text Features
- Drawing Conclusions
This chart shows the type of passage included in this set of blasts:
- 3.7 – Expository - Plumbers - 3.34 – Expository - Firefighters
- 3.8 – Expository - Popcorn - 3.37 – Procedural – Lazy Summer Days
- 3.9 – Expository - Pigs - 3.42 – Expository - Autumn
- 3.11 – Expository - Castles - 3.45 – Procedural – Paper Flowers
- 3.19 – Informational – Flyer – A Day of Celebration - 3.46 – Procedural – Bird House
- 3.20 – Informational – Flyer – A Great Outdoor Place - 3.55 – Expository – Ice Cream
- 3.22 – Expository - Deserts - 3.58 – Expository - Alaska
- 3.24 – Newspaper Article – Dog Saves Owner - 3.59 – Expository – Sending Messages
- 3.25–Newspaper Articles–The Bear Call - 3.63–Expository–The Flag of the United States
- 3.27 – Expository - Money - 3.65 – Procedural – Feathered Friends
- 3.29 – Newspaper Article – Good Neighbors! - 3.67 – Informational – Flyer – Car Wash!
- 3.31 – Informational – Flyer – Reading Night - 3.69 – Expository - Ponds
These blasts can be used in a variety of ways. You may have your students read the passage and answer the questions in class. The answers can be checked in class and discussed immediately. The blasts can be assigned as homework and checked in class the next day. Several blasts can be put together as a mini-test.
These same passages and questions also appear in these Grade 3 products: Reading Warm-ups – Blasts! #1, 2, 3, and 4. Be careful not to duplicate your purchases.