Here's a Halloween mini book for Grades K-3 that has fun graphics and will help kids with phonics. Amazingly, using just five colored pencils to trace vowels in new words can help kids sound out words faster, even tricky words. For example, colors can differentiate sound(s) for "ea" in teach, great, bread, cereal, create, heart, idea, and early. Every one is different!
Activities in the Halloween mini book will help kids practice vowel sounds in 24 words. Print pages in color or in black and white. Kids catch on quickly to this EASY phonics technique, great for reading intervention. If you download this freebie, please remember to leave feedback. :-)
• Five colors provide hints for short, long, silent, schwa, and unusual vowels.
• 8-Page mini book can be made from two sheets of paper.
• Also includes a Color Hints Chart and word cards.
• A numbered word list of 24 words that works great with the Make Your Own Phonics Game
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
Best resource ever!
Great technique for my struggling readers!
Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
Great multi-sensory activities!
Wonderful ideas and just what I was looking for......thank you!
RELATED PHONICS RESOURCES FOR K-3
•372-Page Phonics Intervention Bundle
• Teacher's Guide and Dolch Word List
• 2200 Common Words With Phonics Hints
• Common Rhyming Words With Phonics Hints
• FREE: The Magic of Using Color Hints
• Vowel Activities: There Is a Bird on Your Head (24 words from Mo Willems Book)
• Foods Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Animals Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Numbers and Shapes Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• School Supplies Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• BUNDLE of FOUR PHONICS POSTERS
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Snakes
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Frogs
If you like this resource, please become a Follower in order to find the store back easily and get notified about sales and new resources. More are coming out soon!