Kids will decode long and short vowels easily with color hints. This FREE resource is great for SPED, ELL, and struggling readers. You will get a mini book with words and pictures for 24 school supplies, plus word cards and activities. Print in color, or print in black and white and use markers to trace the vowels. The related School Supplies resource includes additional word cards and activities.
• Five colors provide hints for short, long, silent, schwa, and unusual vowels.
• 8-Page mini book can be made from two sheets of paper.
• Also includes a reduced size poster, word cards, and a recording sheet.
CENTER ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
• On a black/white mini book, use colored pencils or markers to trace the vowels in each word to match the colored vowels on the poster.
• Given the word cards, find the cards to match the words on each page of the mini book.
• Sort words already marked with color hints according to the vowel sounds.
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
• Great technique for my struggling readers!
• Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
• My low readers began doing better ... and my higher readers took off ...
• This method is much easier than I expected it to be.
SIGHT WORD BINGO BUNDLES
THEMATIC BINGO RESOURCES
• Bundle for Small Groups: Phonics Bundle About Snacks (Jelly Beans, Peanuts, Pretzels).
POSTERS WITH MINI BOOK & WORD CARDS
• FREE SAMPLE: School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
REFERENCE RESOURCES & MORE
If you like this resource, please become a Follower in order to find the store back easily and get notified about sales and new resources.