You will be amazed at how much faster kids can sound out words when they see color hints and know which vowel sound to say. This FREE resource is great for SPED, ELL, and struggling readers. This sample includes a mini book with words and pictures for 24 school supplies, plus word cards and activities. Print in color, or print in black and white and use markers to trace the vowels. The related School Supplies resource includes additional word cards and activities.
• Five colors provide hints for short, long, silent, schwa, and unusual vowels.
• 8-Page mini book can be made from two sheets of paper.
• Also includes a reduced size poster, word cards, and a recording sheet.
CENTER ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
• On a black/white mini book, use colored pencils or markers to trace the vowels in each word to match the colored vowels on the poster.
• Given the word cards, find the cards to match the words on each page of the mini book.
• Sort words already marked with color hints according to the vowel sounds.
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
• Great technique for my struggling readers!
• Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
• Wonderful ideas and just what I was looking for......thank you!
• My low readers began doing better and my higher readers took off ...
PHONICS BINGO RESOURCES
• FREE Sample Phonics Bingo About Kittens: Learn Vowel Sounds
• Bundle for Small Groups: Phonics Bundle About Snacks (Jelly Beans, Peanuts, Pretzels)
• Snack-Themed Bingo Sets & Word Cards (32 Unique Print/Digital Cards):Jelly Beans
, and Pretzels
• Animal-Themed Bingo Sets & Word Cards (32 Unique Print/Digital Cards): Kangaroos
POSTERS WITH MINI BOOK & WORD CARDS
• FREE: Sample School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
• THEMES: Foods
, Numbers and Shapes
, and School Supplies
• BUNDLE of FOUR PHONICS POSTERS
REFERENCE RESOURCES & MORE
• FREE: 40-Day Plan: The Magic of Color Hints for Phonics
• Teacher's Guide and Dolch Word List
• 2200 Common Words With Phonics Hints
• Common Rhyming Words With Phonics Hints
• Vowel Activities: There Is a Bird on Your Head (24 words from Mo Willems Book)
• Vowel Twist Cards for Reading Intervention (Sequences Sets of Words/Pictures)
If you like this resource, please become a Follower in order to find the store back easily and get notified about sales and new resources. More are coming out soon!