This set of 24 food words will help students decode long vowels, short vowels, and more. Just print the resources in either color or black and white. Print mini books for each student, and word cards in one of three sizes according to the ages of the students. These can be used in many ways for tutoring or in small groups.
• Five colors provide hints for short, long, silent, schwa, and unusual vowels.
• Poster is set up as 11-by-17 but it can be printed larger or smaller.
• As an alternative to the poster, print mini books for each student.
• You'll get small, medium, and large word cards plus word shape cards.
• Includes 10 activities and recording sheets.
CENTER ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
• On a black/white mini book, use colored pencils or markers to trace the vowels in each word to match the colored vowels on the poster.
• Match the word cards to picture cards.
• Match the words to their shapes.
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
• Great technique for my struggling readers!
• Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
• My low readers began doing better ... and my higher readers took off ...
• This method is much easier than I expected it to be.
SIGHT WORD BINGO BUNDLES
THEMATIC BINGO RESOURCES
• Bundle for Small Groups: Phonics Bundle About Snacks (Jelly Beans, Peanuts, Pretzels).
POSTERS WITH MINI BOOK & WORD CARDS
• FREE SAMPLE: School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
REFERENCE RESOURCES & MORE
If you like this resource, please become a Follower in order to find the store back easily and get notified about sales and new resources.