Improve success with phonics by focusing on 24 thematic words each week. This resource helps kids learn words related to snakes and helps them learn to read a short passage with confidence. This resource has two files, a Five-in-a-Row Phonics file and a file with word cards and activities. For an expanded version that includes digital bingo cards but not the word shape cards, see Phonics Bingo About Snakes.
This resource is also part of the Phonics Intervention Bundle for Parents and Tutors
. Take a look!
• Instructions for Five-in-a-Row Phonics
• Reading Passage About Snakes
• Game Words Page
• 32 Unique Game Cards
• Instructions for 10 Word Card Activities
• 24 Each of Small, Medium, & Large Word Cards
• 24 Word Shape Cards
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
Best resource ever!
Great technique for my struggling readers!
Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
Wonderful ideas and just what I was looking for......thank you!
RELATED RESOURCES WITH 24 THEMATIC WORDS
• FREE SAMPLE: School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
• Foods Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Animals Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Numbers and Shapes Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• School Supplies Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• BUNDLE of FOUR PHONICS POSTERS
• Vowel Activities: There Is a Bird on Your Head (24 words from Mo Willems Book)
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Frogs
• Reading With Color: Make Your Own Phonics Game
OTHER READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
• Teacher's Guide and Dolch Word List
• 2200 Common Words With Phonics Hints
• Common Rhyming Words With Phonics Hints
• FREE Color Hints Poster
If you like this resource, please become a Follower in order to find the store back easily and get notified about sales and new resources. More are coming out soon!.