Improve success in phonics by focusing on 24 thematic words each week. If kids know most consonant sounds, they're ready. This resource includes multiple activities to help your kids learn to read the names of 24 school supplies. Color hints on the vowels will help your budding readers blend phonemes faster.
• Five colors provide hints for short, long, silent, schwa, and unusual vowels.
• Poster is set up as 11-by-17 but it can be printed larger or smaller.
• As an alternative to the poster, print mini books for each student.
• You'll get small, medium, and large word cards plus word shape cards.
• Includes 10 activities and recording sheets.
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
Best resource ever!
Great technique for my struggling readers!
Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
Wonderful ideas and just what I was looking for......thank you!
RELATED RESOURCES WITH 24 THEMATIC WORDS
• FREE SAMPLE: School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
• Foods Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Animals Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Numbers and Shapes Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• BUNDLE of FOUR PHONICS POSTERS
• Vowel Activities: There Is a Bird on Your Head (24 words from Mo Willems Book)
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Snakes
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Frogs
• Reading With Color: Make Your Own Phonics Game
OTHER READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
• Teacher's Guide and Dolch Word List
• 2200 Common Words With Phonics Hints
• Common Rhyming Words With Phonics Hints
• FREE Color Hints Poster
If you like this resource, please become a Follower in order to find the store back easily and get notified about sales and new resources. More are coming out soon!.