These 15 creative resources will help new or struggling readers of all ages learn to sound out words with confidence. The "Reading With Color" technique is very easy to use by parents or tutors. It involves tracing vowels in one of five colors as clues for short vowels, long vowels, silent letters, and more. With this method, kids will know which sound(s) to say. For example, the "ea" in each of these words will be traced differently according to the vowel sound(s): teach, great, bread, cereal, create, and early. To get a FREE plan with three activity sheets, download the 40-Day Plan: The Magic of Color Hints for Phonics.
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
Great multi-sensory activities.
I've used colors before but there were too many colors! This approach of using only five colors, with a color for schwa, seems less confusing.
Best resource ever!
Great technique for my struggling readers!
Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
Wonderful ideas and just what I was looking for......thank you!
Using colors is much easier than I expected it to be!
INCLUDES THESE RESOURCES (372 Pages)
• Teacher's Guide and Dolch Word List
• The Alphabet in Rhyme and Song
• Vowel Twist Cards (20 Sequenced Sets for Matching Words & Pictures)
• 2200 Common Words With Phonics Hints (Reference List)
• Common Rhyming Words With Phonics Hints (More than 200 Word Sets)
• Foods Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book (With Activities)
• Animals Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Numbers and Shapes Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• School Supplies Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Snakes (Bingo Game & Activities)
• Reading With Color: Make Your Own Phonics Game
ABOUT READING WITH COLOR
This technique was invented by Elinor Boeke (1933-2016), a reading specialist who refined her method during many years of successfully tutoring struggling readers. Elinor also gave workshops to teach parents to use this method.
YOUR SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED!
This store is operated by Elinor's daughter to carry on her mother's legacy of helping students learn to read. If you try these materials and are not completely satisfied, send a private message and you will be able to substitute highly rated K-8 mathematics games and supplements from the "K-8 Math Sense" store on TpT.
If you purchase this resource or download related freebies, please leave feedback. It's so helpful. Thanks for looking!