Improve success with phonics by focusing on 24 thematic words each week. The words in this resource are from the popular book, "There Is a Bird on Your Head" by Mo Willems. Five colors provide hints for short, long, silent, schwa, and unusual vowels. Try the activities with and without color hints. You'll see that color hints help kids blend phonemes faster. Kids will read the book, from your library or bookstore, with confidence! For a bundle of related resources using this technique, see the Phonics Intervention Bundle for Parents and Tutors
• Color Hints Chart
• Small, medium, and large word card with and without color hints
• Word shape cards with answer keys
• Instructions for 10 activities
• Recording sheets with answer keys
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
Best resource ever!
Great technique for my struggling readers!
Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
Wonderful ideas and just what I was looking for......thank you!
RELATED RESOURCES WITH 24 THEMATIC WORDS
• FREE SAMPLE: School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
• Foods Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Animals Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Numbers and Shapes Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• School Supplies Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• BUNDLE of FOUR PHONICS POSTERS
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Snakes
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Frogs
• Reading With Color: Make Your Own Phonics Game
OTHER READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
• Teacher's Guide and Dolch Word List
• 2200 Common Words With Phonics Hints
• Common Rhyming Words With Phonics Hints
• FREE Color Hints Poster
If you like this resource, please become a Follower in order to find the store back easily and get notified about sales and new resources. More are coming out soon!.