These 20 sequenced sets of word cards provide fun practice with words that have a "vowel twist." That is, the consonants are the same but the vowels are different as in "goat" and "gate." Plus, vowels have easy-to-learn color hints for short, long, and other so students don't need to guess as often. Use one set at a time to help students practice vowels AND consonants. Take a look at the preview! This resource is also part of a NEW Phonics Intervention Bundle for Parents and Tutors
. Take a look!
• 20 card sets with 30 cards (3 pages) per set
• Each set includes 5 pairs of words and pictures on printable cards
• Students can match words to pictures, words to words, or pictures to pictures.
• Color Hints Chart: This is a one-page summary of color hints for short vowels, long vowels, silent letters, and more.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS TECHNIQUE
• Teacher's Guide and Dolch Word List
• Common Rhyming Words With Phonics Hints
• 2200 Common Words With Phonics Hints
RELATED RESOURCES WITH 24 THEMATIC WORDS
• FREE SAMPLE: School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
• Foods Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Animals Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Numbers and Shapes Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• School Supplies Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• BUNDLE of FOUR PHONICS POSTERS
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Snakes
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Frogs
• Vowel Activities: There Is a Bird on Your Head (24 Words from the Story)
• Reading With Color: Make Your Own Phonics Game
More resources are coming soon! Please follow this store to be notified. Thanks!