Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.56 MB | 21 pages
This is a classroom tested, authentic way to check for reading comprehension during and after your Reading Wonders shared and close reading lessons. It perfectly complements your whole group lessons. Each week, you have a 5 day reading response template based on the text you are using in class.
This resource includes:
* Daily opportunity for students to demonstrate understanding of the text through stem questions for comprehension and vocabulary skills for weeks 1-6.
* Standards Based Constructed Response Questions for the following texts:
Juanita and the Beanstalk
Clever Jack Takes the Cake
The New Hoop
Rescue Dogs Save the Day
Dolores Huerta Growing Up Strong
Elizabeth Leads the Way
Here Comes Solar Power
It's All in the Wind
The Memory Quilt
Rising to the Challenge
* Graphic organizers connected to the week's comprehension skill
* Venn diagrams for text comparison
* Research Note Sheet for Week 6
* All questions and activities are labeled with the standard for easy reference.
Real Teacher Testimonials about my Reading Wonders Supplemental Resources
☺ Maryanne B. said…"Just discovered your work for Wonders. I have already used your worksheets with my class and am very impressed with all of your hard work. Thanks for making my job a little easier!"
☺Darvi J. said…"This is wonderful! I can't wait to use it! It is really going to help my students practice using higher order thinking skills."
☺Special Solutions said…"This resource is perfect for my small groups. I love how the standards are indicated so that I can easily list them for reference in my lesson plans. There's flexibility in the space provided so that my ESE and ESOL students may provide illustrated answers. Thank you!"