Second Grade Reading Unit of Study: Unit 1
Unsure of how to launch a Reader's Workshop in your classroom? This 2nd grade reading unit of study, "Constructing Our Reading Lives: Reader's Workshop Unit 1," is a great way to help you start the Reader's Workshop! In this unit, you will be guided through the entire process with all the materials you will need for the Reader's Workshop in your classroom. For classes that already have implemented Reader's Workshops, but are preparing for new classes this year, this pack will save you tons of time preparing lessons, handouts, and classroom activities. These lessons are aligned with Common Core State Standards for second grade.
This complete bundle includes:
1. Letter to parents and caregivers to introduce the unit
2. Background information for how to run Reader's Workshops
3. Monthly overview of the unit
4. Introductory letters previewing each week to help you prepare and to let you know which Common Core State Standards you will be targeting each week
5. 20 detailed, scripted daily lesson plans, with all of the components of each mini-lesson provided
6. Large, colorful classroom anchor charts
7. Small printable anchor chart handouts for students
8. Suggested mentor texts to accompany reading mini-lessons
9. Bookmarks and other handouts for students
10. Reading log templates
11. Conferencing sheets
12. Rubric to complete the unit
13. Final project
With this unit pack, launching Reader's Workshop will be easy and organized for you and your students!
You also might be interested in our 2nd Grade Readers Workshop MEGA Bundle: Units 1-6!
Be sure to check out all of our Reading Units of Study:
Unit 1: Constructing Our Reading LivesUnit 2: Flexing Our Reading MusclesUnit 3: Investigating the Minds of CharactersUnit 4: Navigating Through NonfictionUnit 5: Revving Up For Series ReadingUnit 6: Diving Deeper Into Nonfiction
Here are our units of study focused on amazing authors and texts:
Ezra Jack Keats: Reader's and Writer's Workshop Author SeriesNancy Carlson: Reader's and Writer's Workshop Author SeriesThe Polar Express: A Reading and Writing Unit of Study
Here are our units of study focused on Targeted Reading Skills:
Fables and Folktales [Central Message and Story Elements] Reading Unit of StudyLittle Red Riding Hood [Point of View] Reading Unit of StudyPolar Animals [Text Features in Nonfiction Texts] Reading Unit of StudyPresidents of America [Main Idea & Key Details] Reading Unit of StudyThe Human Body [Comparing & Contrasting Texts] Reading Unit of Study