PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Second Grade Reading Unit of Study: Unit 1
Unsure of how to launch a Reader's Workshop in your classroom? This 2nd grade reading unit of study, "Constructing Our Reading Lives: Reader's Workshop Unit 1," is a great way to help you start the Reader's Workshop! In this unit, you will be guided through the entire process with all the materials you will need for the Reader's Workshop in your classroom. For classes that already have implemented Reader's Workshops, but are preparing for new classes this year, this pack will save you tons of time preparing lessons, handouts, and classroom activities. These lessons are aligned with Common Core State Standards for second grade.
This complete bundle includes:
1. Letter to parents and caregivers to introduce the unit
2. Background information for how to run Reader's Workshops
3. Monthly overview of the unit
4. Introductory letters previewing each week to help you prepare and to let you know which Common Core State Standards you will be targeting each week
5. 20 detailed, scripted daily lesson plans, with all of the components of each mini-lesson provided
6. Large, colorful classroom anchor charts
7. Small printable anchor chart handouts for students
8. Suggested mentor texts to accompany reading mini-lessons
9. Bookmarks and other handouts for students
10. Reading log templates
11. Conferencing sheets
12. Rubric to complete the unit
13. Final project
With this unit pack, launching Reader's Workshop will be easy and organized for you and your students!
You also might be interested in our 2nd Grade Readers Workshop MEGA Bundle: Units 1-6!
Be sure to check out all of our Reading Units of Study:
Here are our units of study focused on amazing authors and texts:
Here are our units of study focused on Targeted Reading Skills: