Reading partner mini charts and tools for reading workshop!
Help your students be the best reading partners they can be! This power pack is ideal for partnerships during Reading Workshop but can be used anytime students read in pairs or groups. The pack includes strategy charts, student reference cards and compliment cards which can be introduced in one unit or little by little as students develop their partnerships over the year.
This pack includes:
* 11 strategy charts - Print them, teach with them, hang them in the room for year long reference. There are three groups of charts.
- Three charts help students remember ways to partner read (echo reading, together reading, etc.).
- Three charts help students with the language of what to say/how to help a partner who doesn't notice an error while reading aloud.
- Five charts teach reading partnership manners and habits (respect, body language, reflection, etc.).
* Also included are mini strategy cards for student reference. These are like the charts only in mini version. Perfect for student folders, taped into notebooks, sent home to support parents reading with children, used as a reminder card, or however you can imagine. These cards are in color and in black and white if printing options limit you.
* Mini reading partner compliment cards. These cards are great for students to compliment one another with or for you to compliment a reading partnership. Both color and black and white are included. Sometimes I leave these to be discovered in student book baggies after I've observed some really great partner work!
If you teach Reading Workshop or you have partner reading time in your classroom this pack is a MUST HAVE. I grew tired of making the same charts year after year and finally made this pack on the computer. Administrators and parents are also impressed by the reference cards to support our little readers remember how to be the best partner they can be!
Thank you for taking the time to consider my product.