Are you striving to instill a love of reading in your students but are struggling with where to start? Do you want to incorporate reading workshop without the hours of prep and stress? This starter kit is for you!
This starter kit is the perfect blend of teaching tips and ideas, worksheets, and awards. Learn how to level books, organize your classroom library, and assign reading points and awards. Take your reading workshop to the next level with this all-inclusive kit! PLUS, this kit will save you tons of time!!!
This reading workshop is ideal for upper grades. Suggested point values are included for grades 3-6. If you are an upper-grade teacher who is looking to encourage students to read and incorporate a reading workshop during your language arts block, this resource is a MUST-HAVE!
This reading workshop includes tons of tips and ideas to help you get started. Most notably, it includes a detailed table that will help you level your books and assign points to each book. This table is truly invaluable!!! It will save you tons of time and completely transform your reading block. Your students' engagement levels will go through the roof!
This product includes both PowerPoint (includes editable slides) and PDF files for your convenience. Both files include the following:
- table of contents
- teacher tips explaining how to setup reading workshop, organize your library, and help students find books that interest them
- a detailed table showing how to calculate book points according to the number of pages and Lexile level
- points needed for each reading award (grades 3-6 included)
- BONUS genre book bin labels (color and black/white)
- printable Book Interest Form and Reading Preferences Form
- 8 printable book assignments (student instructions included)
- reading awards (color and black/white)