Reading passage for El Internado and Subjunctive Activity
Synopsis for part 1 of chapter 2 of El Internado. This resource will help student summarize part 1 of the chapter 2 of the Internado. We watch it this series, that is also on Netflix, once every two weeks. I realized that students needed a refresher so I created this text. For our Relationships and Identities Unit, our language function is the subjunctive so this tenses is interwoven thought the reading and activities.
Here is how you can implement this free resource:
1. 1. Invite students read the one-page summary.
2. Activity 1: Ask them to reread and highlight the subjunctive tense.
3. Activity 2: Write the sentences with the subjunctive and determine which function of WEIRDOS is being applied.
4. Activity 3: Respond to subjunctive triggering questions.
5. Activity 4: Use subjunctive sentence stems in order to write about the characters.
6. Activity 5: Respond to general questions about the episode.