MY STUDENTS TOOK THE PILOT TEST FOR SMARTER BALANCED AND SAID THIS REALLY HELPED THEM BE PREPARED FOR THE TEST!
This project was designed to meet common core curriculum standard RI.7.5.
The students are taking the role as fourth-grade teachers. They teach in the South Winneshiek Community School District, located in Ossian, Iowa. They have to plan a field trip to The Fort Atkinson Rendezvous Days. Students are required to read several maps and public documents to plan the trip.
Included in the project-
1. Letter to students with directions of what they need to do. (As if they were the teacher)!
2. School Transportation Form
3. 4th Grade Class Lists
4. Letter from The Fort Atkinson Rendezvous Days Stating what is all Required of the Teachers for Admission
5. Form to Fill Out to Attend the Trip
6. Rendezvous Days Map (includes locations of activities, lunch, and presentations.
7. Northeast Iowa Map
8. City of Ossian, Iowa Map
9. City of Fort Atkinson, Iowa Map
10. Public Documents about Fort Atkinson and the Rendezvous Days
12. Link for a Webquest
13. Like for a Brochure
14. Grading Rubric