PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Turkeys are the talk of the town around Thanksgiving time! Incorporate weird and wonderful non-fiction information about this interesting bird into your reading or language lessons (or speech/language therapy sessions!) Kids cannot resist these engaging passages. For nonreaders, this can be used as a great listening comprehension activity!
- 6 non-fiction passages about turkeys: Students can read passages independently (silently or aloud) or passages can be read aloud by teacher or therapist.
- One to Task cards for each passage with critical thinking questions:
Questions require students to use skills ranging from simple recall to comparing, making personal connections, using context clues to decipher unknown vocabulary in context, vocabulary in context, drawing conclusions, giving opinions, and justifying responses with evidence. A whole range of critical thinking skills can be applied! The task cards can be used for the students to write on, or the questions can be shown on a projector to answer orally or on notebook paper.
For non readers, an adult should read the cards and have the students can respond.
- Venn Diagrams and tables to apply information found in the passages
- Fact/opinion task cards for writing about facts/opinions found in the text
- 1 fact and opinion sheet for distinguishing turkey facts vs. opinions
- 11 QR codes that can be scanned with a smart phone or tablet to view videos pertinent to the passages
Be sure to DOWNLOAD the preview to see more up close!
No PREP! Just print, (laminate if you wish), cut and use!
If you like this product, you might also like: