If you love having an Easter Egg Hunt every year, why not have fun all year long??? This Spring Birds Egg Hunt is so much fun, and perfect for any time of the year! It's also great if you are learning about birds, life cycles, or oviparous animals!
Every spring, I LOVE having an egg hunt with my students. They have so much fun searching around the classroom (or even the playground) for eggs. They also earn some awesome treats!
Here’s the catch: They MUST answer the question inside correctly to earn their prizes!
This is a minimal-prep activity, and is super easy to set up! Cut the pages apart, and place one slip inside of each egg. Have fun hiding them around your classroom or on the playground! It is also VERY easy to differentiate! Simply give each leveled group of students their own color of eggs!
I send each student off with a paper bag or basket to collect their eggs. I wait in an area for students to line up with their eggs. The prizes stay with me, and I pass them out as the students answer their questions. It is really helpful if you have parent volunteers or older students to help out! You can even use the buddy system with another teacher and have two classes participate! But, this is totally do-able on your own! Students are only allowed to bring me one egg at a time, and they have to answer quickly! Then, they stick their prize in their bag and hide the egg right back where they found it, so the next student can have a turn! I only use about twice the number of eggs as the number of students I have in my class. I have given you TONS of options, depending on what your kids are working on right now!
Optional Prizes: Candy, small erasers, prize passes, stickers…you name it!
☆ Black and white options for every page!
(The only page you need to print in color is the one for recognizing colors.)
☆ Teacher/Helper directions on every page!
☆ British, Australian, and Canadian spellings available!!!
• Colors and color words
• 2-D and 3-D shapes (available in color and black/white)
• Letter Names and Letter Sounds (both uppercase and lowercase)
• Number recognition (numbers to 100, counting by 10’s to 100, and blank pages to write in your own!)
• Counting eggs from 0 – 20 (color and black/white)
• Counting ten frames from 0 – 20
• Addition facts from 0 - 20
• Subtraction facts from 0 – 20
• Time to the hour, half hour, and quarter hour
• Dolch Sight Words (Pre-Primer, Primer, First Grade, Second Grade, and Third Grade)
• Fry Words (First 100, 200, and 300 Words)
• Reading CVC, CCVC, and CVCC words (plus a page to write your own words!)
• Reading words with long vowels, dipthongs, and digraphs
• Spelling words (Same as the reading words - plus a page to write your own spelling words!)
• Beginning, Middle, and Ending Sounds (with pictures – color or b/w, or just words for teacher to read aloud)
• Silly tasks - just for fun!
• “Freebie” passes – just for fun!
**If you own my Easter Egg Hunt or Dinosaur Egg Hunt, most of the words and tasks are different!**
While you're here, check out some of my other products!
Thank you SO MUCH for checking out my products!
❤ Happy Teaching!
Glitter is Everywhere