Introducing the ultimate reading and writing fables unit for third grade, fourth grade, and fifth grade students! Now bigger kids can use these timeless tales for a complete reading, writing, speaking and listening experience.
Everything you need is included! You can follow the lesson plans or pick and choose from dozens of resources.
As a bonus, you will also receive the link to a website that organizes the files and additional learning links.
(Some parts are also available as separate products. Click on the title to view.)
• Fables in Narrative Form
– Ten one-page fables, adapted for intermediate grade readers, are ready to print and go. Corresponding reading comprehension questions ask students to answer inferential questions, find meanings of words in context, describe story elements, determine the moral, and more. An answer key is provided for your convenience.
• Fables in Drama Form
– Seven fables are available as plays. You can use them for reader’s theater, short skits, or full-blown performances with costumes and props (20 pages).
• Writing Fables
– This complete 24-page unit teaches third, fourth, and fifth grade students to write narratives using effective technique and clear event sequences. A 33-slide PowerPoint presentation teaches students to write dialogue effectively.
• Analyzing Multimedia with Fables
– Six pages support an activity in which students analyze how different illustrations and an animated movie contribute to or alter the meaning, tone, and beauty of “The Tortoise and the Hare.”
• Additional Fable Resources – Fifteen pages of resources include two mini posters, higher order questions (teacher page and student cards), three summarizing foldables, a summarizing template, three templates for finding moral or theme, prose and drama reference guide, comparing prose and drama Venn diagram, and prose/drama comparison table. The companion website also includes suggestions for pairing texts in order to compare and contrast folklore.
• Fables Lesson Plans – Four pages of lesson plans map out a complete fables unit with reading, writing, speaking and listening.
More reading and writing units will be published soon. Follow my store to be notified as new products roll out.
Do you love this resource but need help paying for it? When your school signs up for TpT for Schools, you can request resources to be purchased by your school. Share this video
with your administrator to get the conversation started.