This colour-coded goals display contains more than 25 reading goals and writing goals that, in my experience as a grade 5/6 and 1/2 teacher, are the most commonly applicable to all students. Reading and writing goals are also colour-coded for excellent display quality and ease of distinction.
I set these up as display boards so that, instead of having to individually write down and keep safe goals in the classroom for each student (which notoriously go missing), the student attaches a named peg with a dated post-it note, to the sheet that is their goal.
This also makes it easy to create teaching groups in reading and writing as often I simply call them from the goals evident on the board that I've set and monitored during guided reading, literacy rotations and individual conferences. All the goals in this document would seamlessly link to any continuum in literacy.
You may also like:
- FREE Comprehensive Multiplication Unit
- No Prep Place Value Unit with Materials-based, Differentiated Lessons and All Resources
- Full Unit No Prep Narrative Writing Unit Plan of 21 Lessons Based on the 7 Steps
Full set of Maths Assessments:
- Place Value Assessment
- Addition Assessment
- Subtraction Assessment
- Multiplication Assessment
- Division Assessment
- Fractions/Decimals Assessment