This is a reading log that is more than just a title, pages numbers, and an adult signature. Here is a reading log that encourages students to think about what they read each night and monitors their vocabulary building skills. Send home this packet on Monday and have the students return it completed by Friday.
How to Use:
- Each night, encourage your students to read a book that they enjoy.
- Provide a set number of minutes that you would like your students to read.
- Have the students write the title of the book and chapter(s), the name of the author, identify the number of pages (or page numbers) that they have read, and how many minutes they actually read.
- Have the students write a summary based on the pages they have read to recount the events in the story.
- Students will have the opportunity to build their vocabulary by identifying words that are not familiar to them. They will write the vocabulary word in context and select the appropriate definition to go with the word.