Use this true Lucy Calkins Workshop inspired template to plan daily lessons in Reading and Writing and to help keep your teaching relevant and meaningful as you progress through the unit.
I've included a template with some example uses to help you get started.
The template helps you outline and track your daily:
- Mini lesson teaching point
- Connection/s to previous lessons
- Skill to be modeled
- Active engagement activity
- "Mid-Workshop interruption" point
- List of students you plan to conference with
- Any plans for possible partner talk during the lesson