This phonetic reading lesson is for beginning or struggling readers. The child will be involved in the reading process by manipulating letters to form decodable words, reading a short decodable story, dramatizing the story and drawing about it. This multi-sensory, hands-on approach allows the child to be actively involved in the reading process.
This lessons contains:
1. Teaching Instructional Sheet
2. Definition of the Word - bud
3. Phonetic Sheet for the Short Uu Sound
4. Sight Word Practice Sheet for the word – “on”
5. Reading Sheet containing the story and drawing box
6. Props to dramatize the story
7. Word cards
“The Bad Bug” is one of the lessons from the reading series, Reading by Reading: Short Vowels Segment 1. This lesson emphasis the short u sound with the initial consonant of Bb.