Encourage students to act as critical readers to determine the perspectives of various stakeholders as well as the author of a text. Students ask questions about a reading passage to practice reading a text critically.
Using this document, students will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Define the term ‘perspective’.
- Identify stakeholders and their values who are affected by a situation described by a text.
- Act as a critical reader to explore the perspectives of three stakeholders with regards to a news event.
- Act as a critical reader to determine the point of view of an author.
- Work cooperatively and communicate respectfully with peers to read various articles through different perspectives.