1. All books used in this unit are available through ReadingA-Z.com.
2. The following eight books were used in these units: Combien?, Les sentiments, Miam! Miam!, Préparer de la salsa, Quand fait-il nuit?, Qu'est-ce qu'il y a au zoo?, Qui, qui, qui?, Un anniversaire.
3. Student activity sheets were developed for each book. The questions involved are mixing/matching, fill in the blank and French translation.
4. Answer sheets are also provided including a marking scheme.
5. A Vocabulary Dictionary has been developed that contain activity sheets. The purpose of this dictionary is to build a bank of French and English words taken from the stories. It also teaches the phonetic pronunciation of each word. Each sheet is divided into six columns. Column One is "Le Mot Français", Column Two is "La Première Syllabe", Column Three is "La Deuxième Syllabe", Column Four is "La Troisième Syllabe", Column Five is "Vous Entendez" and Column Six is "Le Mot Anglais". For example, if you are teaching the word "le gâteau", Column One indicates the French word 'le gâteau". Column Two would show "ga" while Column Three would show "toe". Column Four shows there is no third syllable. Column Five indicates that you hear the short "a" sound. The last column gives you the translation "the cake".
6. The Vowel Dictionary is included in this unit. There are eleven sheets - one for each of the long and short vowel sounds plus the "oo" sound. The student then duplicates the vocabulary dictionary page. However, as they progress, a bank of words are built up having only the long or short vowel sounds.