1. All books used in this unit are available through ReadingA-Z.com.
2. The following nine books were used in this unit - Au magasin, L'équipe, La mitaine, La roue, Le ciel tombe, Les aides dans la communauté, Les endroits où les plantes poussent, Les sens, Où vivent les animaux.
3. Student activity sheets were developed for each book. The questions involved are mixing/matching, fill in the blank and French translation.
4. Answer sheets are also provided included with a marking scheme.
5. A Vocabulary Dictionary has been developed that contain activity sheets. The purpose of this dictionary is to build a bank of French and English words taken from the stories. It also teaches the phonetic pronunciation of each word. Each sheet is divided into six columns. The titles for each column are as follows: Column One is "Le Mot Français". Column Two is "La Première Syllabe", Column Three is "La Deuxième Syllabe, Column Four is "La Troisième Syllabe". The fifth and sixth columns are titled "Vous entendez" and "Le Mot Anglais". If you are teaching the French word "octobre", Column One indicates the French word "octobre". Column Two has the phonetic pronunciation "awk", Column Three has the phonetic pronunciation "taw" and Column Four would have the phonetic pronunciation "bru". The student hears a short "o" sound The last Column gives you the English translation "October".
6. The Vowel Dictionary is included in this unit. There are eleven sheets - one for each of the long and short vowels, as well as for one for the "oo" sound. The student is required to write all the words that have a particular long or short vowel sound. In this fashion he builds up a group of words that are grouped according to the vowel sound.