1. All books used in this unit are available through ReadingA-Z.com.
2. The following eleven books were used in this unit: Dans la mer, Des câlins, Docteur Jen, L'orage, Les animaux de la campagne, Les animaux de la ville, Les quatre saisons, Ours et Kangourou, Quand je serai grande, Toutes sortes de fermes, Une semaine avec grand-papa.
3. Student activity sheets were developed for each book. The questions involved are mixing.matching, fill in the blank, multiple choice and translation from French into English and English into French.
4. Answer sheets are also provided included with a marking scheme.
5. A Vocabulary Dictionary has been developed that contain dictionary pages. The purpose of this dictionary is to build a bank of French and English words taken from the individual stories. It also teaches the phonetic pronunciation of each word. Each sheet is divided into six columns. The titles for each column are as follows: Column One - Le Mot Français, Column Two - La Première Syllabe, Column Three - La Deuxième Syllabe, Column Four - La Troisième Syllabe, Column Five - Vous Entendez and Column Six - Le Mot Anglais. If you were teaching the French word "les orages", Column One would be the word "les orages", Column Two would be "oar", Column Three would be "aj", Column Four would indicate there was no third syllabe, Column Five would indicate that you hear the long [o] sound and Column Six would indicate "the waves."
6. A Vowel Dictionary has also been developed. There are eleven pages - one for each of the long and short vowel sounds and one for the sound of "oo". The student copies the French word onto the appropriate vowel page. This way they are building a bank of words that have the same long or short vowel sound.