1. The book used in this unit is available through ReadingA-Z.
2. The student worksheet enhances translations and French writing by answering short-answer questions.
3. The answer sheet is included with the marking scheme.
4. A Vocabulary Dictionary has been developed. The purpose of the dictionary is to aid in pronunciation as well as translation. Certain words have been chosen from the story. The words are divided into three syllables. They are subsequently grouped according to the initial vowel sound the student hears - whether it is a long or short vowel sound or the sound of a double “oo”. The words indicate the French/English translation as well as how the word is pronounced phonetically.
5. A Vowel Dictionary has also been developed. There are eleven pages - one for each of the short and long vowel sounds, plus the sound of “oo”. The student writes the French words that are outlined in the Vocabulary Dictionary into this dictionary. This will develop into a bank of all the words according to the initial vowel sound.