1. The books used in this unit are available through ReadingA-Z.
2. The titles are: Comment les souris ont battu les hommes, Des amis partout dans le monde, Des oiseaux à becs étranges, L'Eau de la Terre, Le printemps est là, Les agents de police, Navires et bateaux, Vivre Ensemble
3. The student worksheets enhance translations and French writing by answering short-answer questions.
3. The answer sheets are included with the marking scheme.
4. A Vocabulary Dictionary has been developed. The purpose of the dictionary is to aid in pronunciation as well as translation. Certain words have been chosen from the story. The words are divided into three syllables. They are subsequently grouped according to the initial vowel sound the student hears - whether it is a long or short vowel sound or the sound of a double “oo”. The words indicate the French/English translation as well as how the word is pronounced phonetically.
5. A Vowel Dictionary has also been developed. There are eleven pages - one for each of the short and long vowel sounds, plus the sound of “oo”. The student writes the French words that are outlined in the Vocabulary Dictionary into this dictionary. This will develop into a bank of all the words according to the initial vowel sound.