This reading follows the Europeans from the Middle Ages to Henry the Navigator. Students will learn about:
- The role of the Roman Catholic Church during the Middle Ages
- The relationship between Christians and Muslims; analyzing the impact of the Crusades, Reconquista and Conquest of Constantinople.
- The problems the Europeans faced in the 1300s.
- Why the Europeans began exploring.
- The impact of Prince Henry the Navigator.
On this worksheet the students will:
- Analyze multiple maps
- Analyze & Rank
- Draw conclusions
- Write a paragraph, using evidence to support their claim
Keywords: Pope, Roman Catholic Church, Trade, Prince Henry the Navigator, Muslims, Crusades, Constantinople, Reconquista, Ottoman Empire, Black Death