This is a compilation of print and video sources with accompanying activities that is designed to complement/ supplement tema 3 of the AP Language and Culture textbook Temas, Beauty and Aesthetics. These activities could be used by any AP Language and Culture class that is studying the Beauty and Aesthetics theme or any other advanced Spanish class studying a similar topic since no book or other source is needed for these activities. All of the sources and activities are in Spanish. A full answer key is included for all discrete items.
- A 1 ½ page reading about Luis Barragán and his home/ study with 15 true/ false questions
- A 2 ½ page reading about the definitions of Creativity with 8 short answer free response questions
- A 2 page reading, Las Meninas, La Familia de Felipe IV with 12 short answer free response questions
- A video about Diego Rodríguez de Silva y Velázquez, “Velázquez, Pintor de los Pintores” with 6 matching questions and 12 true/ false questions. This video streams for free without an account.
- A documentary about Incan architecture and construction techniques, Tawaintisuyo Exploración inca – The documentary is divided into two parts- each part has two episodes.
Part 1 has 7 multiple choice questions, 17 true/ false questions and nine matching vocabulary identifications
Part 2 has 10 true/ false questions, 9 multiple choice questions and 11 matching vocabulary identifications
- Los Aztecas, La Construcción de Un imperio-
part 1 has 15 multiple choice questions and 5 true/ false
part 2 has 13 multiple choice questions and 17 true/ false
part 3 has 8 matching, 10 multiple choice and 22 true/ false
Kirsten Cox, Spanish, AP / IB, advanced listening and reading, comprensión auditiva, comprensión de lecturas, clases avanzadas, art, arte, beauty, belleza