"Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline: A Study Guide is a comprehensive study guide that aims to support reflective reading, not to replace it. The critical analysis brings together a range of opinion on the text and offers a consistent reading.
1. Preface and Teacher's Introduction;
2. Original introduction for students including: an annotated list of characters, genre, narrative voice, themes, setting, symbolism, etc.;
4. Each chapter is accompanied by helpful background notes, a detailed commentary and guiding questions (46 in all). The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. No answers are given: trust the students to find their answers. The questions are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
5. Study questions printed separately in worksheet format for students;
6. Ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
7. Definitions of literary terms relevant to this text and an activity;
8. Two graphic organizers for student notes;