Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.79 MB | 7 pages, 21 slides pages
One of the biggest fears when first approaching a drama class is the fear of not being able to memorize a script! This activity, Ready, Set, Memorize!, is geared towards relieving those fears. I developed this activity to help aid my beginning drama class’ fears of memorization, but the activity could easily extend beyond just the drama classroom. Any class that requires students to memorize lines for a script for performance could successfully conquer this activity, quell the fears of memorization, give the students the tools they need to memorize in a hands-on activity, and teach students good rehearsal skills all at the same time!
In this activity, I have included:
* Ready, Set, Memorize Instructions for the teacher which will not only guide teacher in how to accomplish the activity but guide the discussion as well.
* Links to Google Materials that are Google Classroom ready
* Class Handout for students to complete
* Class Display for use on a projector. However, if you do not have access to a projector, alternative plans are included.
* Pictures of the Objects for those teachers who do not have access to a prop closet or are missing one of two of the objects needed for the activity.
Thank you for downloading and please browse the rest of my TpT store for more exciting drama units, classroom activities, and more for the busy drama teacher and anyone wanting to add a little theatre into their classroom!