I created this free resource so you can look at the quality of my work.
This is a word sort for Unit 1-B, lessons 6-12. (Inflected endings –s, -ed, -ing)
• Words come from the decodable books 4A, 4B, 4C and from the unit 1
• Includes two “Out of Sorts” words from the prior lesson of consonant blends.
• Created with the philosophy of Words Their Way.
• 20 words keeps it to a manageable time frame.
My students use the sort all week. I have a parent who cuts individual sets for each student on a cutting board. I found a cute emoji zip pencil case to store them for each student. I will re-use them next year. I use each sort 4 days a week as follows:
• Monday: Whole class introduction. Discuss the pattern and say the words
• Tuesday: Word Work for Daily 5. Students sort on top of their desk and say the
words to a partner.
• Thursday: Word Work for Daily 5. Students sort on top of their desk and write the
words in their word work book.
• Friday: Word Work for Daily 5. Speed sort or test or game.