** HALF PRICE FOR 24 TO 48 HOURS**
Primary Graphing is Real Life Graphing! The Data is given to the students. Their job is to make sense of it by tallying, making a pictograph using a smiley face, or coloring in boxes to create a bar graph. Then they answer 7 questions about the graph.
I chose 7 fun topics for 1st and 2nd Graders to Graph.
The first graph is FOOD. It is done in a whole group setting.
Students will vote for their favorite food:
• FRIED CHICKEN
After the data has been collected, the class records it on one of 3 recording sheets chosen by the teacher.
• TALLY GRAPH
• PICTURE GRAPH
• BAR GRAPH
Then the class will total up the data and answer a set of questions about the graph.
Next, to continue practice graphing, you will select other fun topics for your students to graph in a math station or with your small group.
Here are the other topics:
• FAVORITE PUPPY~ Basset Hound, Bull Dog, Chihuahua, Poodle
• FAVORITE SPORT~ Football, Baseball, Soccer, Hockey
• FAVORITE CANDY~ Sour Ball, Chocolate, Lollipop, Cotton Candy
• PLAYGROUND FUN~ Monkey Bars, Swings, Slide, See Saw
• ZOO ANIMAL~ Elephant, Monkey, Alligator, Zebra
• DINOSAUR~ Triceratops, Brontosaurus, Pterodactyl, Stegosaurus
• Each set has 36 filled ballot cards (and a blank card so they can vote if you choose) that students will record data onto a data sheet selected by the teacher. Each card has a back. To use the back of the card, you will need to print the data cards double sided. The backs are completely optional.
• They will place the deck of data cards in the middle and they will sit in a circle. (2 to 4 Students)
• Students take turns drawing a card and everyone adds the data to their recording sheet.
• Once all of the cards have been recorded, students work together to write the totals and answer each of the 7 questions.
• Together, students will total their data and answer the questions on the sheet.
My students could not get enough of this. I know your student will love it too!
You might also like:
Graph - A - Pup ~ Tally Graphs, Pictographs and Bar Graphs With Assessments
Counting Backward Blasters ~ Fun Activities for Learning to Count Backward
Wipe Off Numeracy Station Activities