Show your students that persuasive techniques aren't just for the classroom. Give them real life scenarios as they work toward building their persuasive speaking and writing skills.
This package provides you with a variety of ways to teach your students how to be persuasive using real life situations.
Included in this zip file:
• NEW: Titles and task cards for organizing the activities
• Handouts on persuasive tips and rhetorical devices
• An exercise to allow students practice in using rhetorical devices
• Exit tickets to check for understanding
• Short exercises that allow students to practice their persuasive techniques—students will work in pairs, using fun and light topics, to persuade each other to try something.
• An option to use the above as a short speaking assignment in front of the whole class
• Graphic organizers that allow students to think through an effective approach for persuasion. A variety of real life situations is included. Pick and choose—you are meant to use these to provide choice. Students can then use these for class discussion, as a basis for a writing assignment, a speech or all of the above.
• Graphic organizers for planning a speech or writing assignment.
• A group assignment for enacting change within the community
• Formative assessment checklists—you can use these yourself or have students use them for peer revision
• Rubrics for persuasive writing and speaking (editable format provided)
• A slideshow to guide your discussion, as well as quick writes you can use to help students come up with topics.
You may also be interested in:
Writing & Delivering a Rant
Collaborative Placemats for Talking about Text
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.