1) Calculating the total amount of wrapping paper needed for three presents (using surface area)
2) Determining which cake pan would hold the most cake for their friend (using volume)
3) Calculating the total amount of icing needed for the cake (using surface area)
4) Determining which treat bag is the best for their guests (using volume)
This particular activity focuses on right prisms only. There are NO cylinders, spheres, or pyramids.
This is a great activity to use whole group, partners, or in small groups.
You might also be interested in:
• Cross Sections of 3D Figures Quick Color
• Operations with Rational Numbers - Road Trip Application
• Parallel Lines Cut by a Transversal - Create a Town Project
• Percent Project Design Your Own Taco Truck
• Probability Project - Design Your Own Amusement Park
• Real-Life Area of Composite Figures
• Solving Equations Tournament Challenge
• Volume of Cylinders, Cones, & Spheres - Real Life Activity
Be the first to know about the newest products and promotions. Follow Math is FUNtastic by clicking the green star above!
©️Math is FUNtastic 2018
This purchase is for one teacher only. Additional licenses are available at a discounted price.