In contrast to the feminist culture we are surrounded with, our heart is to raise REAL MEN who are world changers! These men are not afraid to lead their homes, churches, and nation! But, these men are surrendered to God in all areas of their lives: purity, servanthood, love, self-control, and disciplines.
Real Men is a series for building godly character and practical wisdom in young men’s lives. These classes are great for men of all ages, including guys in high school who need preparation to become the men God has called them to be.
Real Men 101: Godly Manhood is a one-credit high school life skills course with a focus on laying a solid foundation in the Christian life, meeting weekly with Dad, and learning practical household/car/lawn skills. Created to be completed inside a mentoring relationship with fathers, this course can also be used effectively in a group, or homeschool co-op setting.
Real Men 101: Godly Manhood is a one-credit high school life skills course where students work independently and meet with Dad weekly so fathers can mentor their sons, helping grow closer to Jesus.
Guys read living books that will challenge them to press in closer to Jesus and grow up in their relationship with God, memorize Scripture, do Word studies, write an essay, create booklets on Christian living for children, learn practical skills for leading their future home, and enjoy hands-on activities.
You will need to purchase the following books:
Boyhood and Beyond: Practical Wisdom for Becoming a Man by Bob Schultz
From Prison to Praise by Merlin Caruthers
Search for Significance by Robert McGee
Victory Over Darkness by Neil Anderson
Improving Your Serve by Charles Swindoll
Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson
Created for Work by Bob Schultz
Stop Dating the Church: Fall in Love with the Family of God by Josh Harris
Students will complete the following assignments:
- Memorize Titus 1:5-9
- Do a Word Study on Thanks, Thankfulness. Define the “Secret of Contentment”
- Read all Books and Fill Out Book Reviews for Books Read
- Make a Booklet for Young People (age 6-10) on “How to Have a Daily Quiet Time”
- Write a Paragraph: “The Secret of Contentment
- Make a Booklet for Young People (age 6-10) on the “Foundations of the Faith: Prayer, Worship, Bible, Fellowship, and Witnessing”
- Examine your Technology Usage and Make Plans for Needed Changes
- Study Scriptural Qualifications for Elders and Deacons in I Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9. List the qualifications in chart. Fill in chart, evaluating self. Discuss with parents
- Look at the List of Leadership Qualifications from I Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9. Examine yourself and discover how you can grow in these traits. Observe the godly men around you and list ways you can learn from them.
- Make a List of Men in the Bible who are Examples of Godly Manhood
- Complete a Personal Bible Study on Jesus as a Servant. Share with Mom & Dad the Passages you Find and Things that God Shows you
- Keep a Food and Exercise Log for One Week
- Workout with Dad
- Role-Play Diffusing Anger
- Fill out “Seven Self-Evaluation Questions for Godly Men”
- Write an Essay: “Hard Work is a Blessing from God to Me”
Students will learn the following practical home/lawn/car skills:
- Put Gas in Car, Check Fluid Levels, Change Spark Plugs
- Hang a Shelf, Organize Room, Clean Room, Clean Bathrooms, Clean house, including Dusting, Vacuuming, & Mopping
- Patch holes in Drywall, Check & Change Batteries (including in smoke alarms), Changing a Broken Light Bulb
- Hang a Picture, Unstop a drain, Unclog a Toilet, Change A/C Filters
- Re-grout Tile, Refinish a Tabletop, Dresser, or Chair, Paint a Room or Piece of Furniture
- Build Something with Wood (Bird Feeder, Stool, Coffee Table)
- Mow the Lawn, Seed a Lawn, Mulch a Bed, Weed a Bed, Trim Trees & Bushes
- Cook a Meal, Grill, Plan & Host a BBQ
Here is a word from the author's husband:
".....You see, I had taken very seriously my role in raising our daughters, but by a certain age the reins of discipleship were turned over to their mother who could do a much better job training them to become godly women. But as my son turned the corner into his teenage years, my plans in mentoring him began to sharpen in focus. He began a course in godly manhood to prepare him to be God's man now, not ten years from now...accidently...because he had to...on his own! I say this last bit, because most dads really don't know how to raise boys. They still see it as mom's job. Men, raising godly men to become world changers is OUR JOB! Let's take this responsibility very seriously.
To do this I have implemented a course my wife compiled for Jimmy linked with personal discipleship material I created, some 30 lessons. My material will come later. What you have before you is Meredith's high school course, that I started with, Real Men 101: Godly Manhood Class, to help guide your son to becoming that godly, world changing, young man. Your high school son will greatly benefit from the wise choice of books and assignments, mentoring materials and projects.
Men, if you take seriously raising godly children, train your sons on purpose with purpose. It doesn't happen by accident but with a conscious investment of time in YOUR son! Use this material to instill those necessary masculine qualities in your son like self-control, leadership, and diligence. I promise you, the rewards will be life-long!"
......Pastor Mike Curtis, Powerline Church
Real Men 101: Godly Manhood is a one-credit high school life skills class.