This bundle includes eighteen products for teaching the real number system (rational and irrational numbers, integers and absolute value, fractions, decimals, percents, and exponent rules) at a reduced price. Included are:
• Rational Numbers PowerPoint Lesson. A 20 page PowerPoint lesson that includes vocabulary, examples of writing terminating decimals, repeating decimals, integers, whole numbers and mixed numbers as fractions, writing fractions as decimals, and comparing and ordering rational numbers. Each section has a “Your Turn” slide for students to practice the skill before moving on.
• Irrational Numbers PowerPoint Lesson. This 17 page PowerPoint lesson includes vocabulary, examples of rational vs. irrational numbers, classifying and ordering real numbers, estimating irrational numbers, and real numbers on the number line. Each section has a “Your Turn” slide for students to practice the skill before moving on.
• Interactive Notes and Practice Problems for Rational Numbers. Three pages of interactive notes, a one page check understanding, two pages of practice problems, and a full answer key.
• Interactive Notes and Practice Problems for Irrational Numbers. Five pages of interactive notes, a one page check understanding, two pages of practice problems, and a full answer key.
• Exponent Rules PowerPoint Lesson.
• Interactive Notes and Practice Problems for Exponent Rules. Six pages of interactive notes, a one page Check Understanding printable, and two page of practice problems and a full answer key.
• Compare & Order Fractions, Decimals & Percents PowerPoint Lesson. 14 pages and guides students on ordering and comparing fractions, decimals, and percents by using a common form to compare and then switching back to the original form when ordering. The lesson includes partner, individual, and group activities that help students master writing numbers in all three forms. Included are problems using 10 x 10 grids, 1 x 10 grids and tables. Answers are included throughout the lesson to check for student understanding before moving on.
• Notes for converting fractions, decimals, and percents, with definitions and multiple examples of each type of conversion for students. Visual models using grids are also included, along with a six question learning check on representing the visual models as fractions, decimals and percents in simplest form. These notes can be used for lecture, projected for students to copy, or printed for absent students.
• Fraction, Decimal & Percent Conversions PowerPoint Lesson. This 21 page presentation covers changing percents to fractions, fractions to percents, fractions to decimals, decimals to percents and percent to decimals. Each section has a "Your Turn" slide for students to practice individually or in small groups before moving on. There is a challenge question at the end which shows a visual model and asks students to represent the model as a fraction, decimal, and a percent.
• The balloon activity for converting fractions, decimals, and percents is differentiated for two levels of work. Each page contains nine sets of three balloons where students convert the given value to its equivalent value helping students make the connection between fraction, decimal, and percents.
• Task Cards – The Real Number System. Set includes 28 task cards to reinforce and extend student learning of the real number system. A full answer key in two different formats is included.
• Task Cards – Integer Operations. Set includes 28 task cards featuring all operations with integers.
• Task Cards - Fractions-Decimals-Percents. Set includes fraction, decimal, and percent problems with conversions
• Fraction-Decimal-Percent Walkabout. Twelve questions that get your kids out of their seats and engaged.
• Powers & Roots Task Cards. This set of 40 task cards includes practice writing numbers in standard form and scientific notation, multiplying and dividing in scientific notation, positive exponents, negative exponents, writing exponents as repeated multiplication, and simplifying expressions using exponent rules. All task cards in this set are open response.
• Sewing Rational Superheroes. A hands-on partner or small group activity provides students with a cooperative learning experience using rational number operations in a real-life application. A partial answer key is include (student dimensions will differ).
• Multiply and Divide Rational Numbers Walk-About. A great engagement activity that gets your kids out of their seats and doing math.
I'd love to have you follow my TpT Store! Just click on the green star next to my name at the top of this page. When you follow me you get:
*notified of whenever I have a sale
*notified of new and free products
Check out these other great resources in my store:
Lines & Angle Measurements
Unit Rates Proportional Thinking and Models Unit
Multi-Response Walk-About Activity