My teletherapy students respond to real photos more than almost anything else. They love to talk about parts of their lives and share so much with me -- and it gives me a chance to really practice grammar!
Choosing the appropriate pictures that are relatable can be a challenge when doing random internet searches -- but I've taken the work out of that for you by purchasing commercial use photos depicting more than 40 places in and around many parts of the country.
Use the photos to discuss activities of daily living (ADLs) with your students. Increase their vocabularies through modeling and expand your students' horizons about parts of the world that they may not have yet visited.
The pack is separated into 5 PDFs:
1) "Early" community places that touches on activities of daily living: home, apartments, shopping, parks, library, etc. -- 9 real photos
2) "Late" pack delves into different types of the mall, post office, warehouse, college, health locations, bank, government, etc. -- 18 real photos
3) "Food" pack includes grocery stores and restaurants - 17 real photos
4) "Transportation" pack includes places like gas station, highway, train stations, and airports - 11 real photos
5) "Sports" pack covers places where basketball, soccer, football, tennis, etc are player -- 14 real photos
The writing prompts that come along are meant to be used during or after presenting the photos and the discussion. Students can reflect on their communities. There are different types of sheets -- some for students who cannot write sentences and others for students who can. The writing prompts are the only printable component.
Please note that this product is No Print, which means they are meant for display on a laptop, smartboard, or iPad. Make sure the file is unzipped and the PDFs are downloaded to the hard drive. Do not try to launch the PDFs from email or WinZip. Also, each slide contains high quality photo. The PDF does not have embedded, interactive arrows to advance from one slide to the next. To advance the slides you need to scroll or click the up/down arrows in Adobe.
-Early Community Places (9 full page real photos)
-Late Community Places (18 full page real photos)
-Food Community Places (17 full page real photos)
-Transportation/Travel Places (11 full page real photos)
-Sports Places (14 full page real photos)
-Writing Prompts (11 pages total)
69 total real photos! You can't beat this!
You can compare and contrast, increase vocabulary, describe using adjectives, use action words, use complete sentences.... the opportunities are totally endless!
Grab yourself some freebies right in your email inbox by clicking here and subscribing to my newsletter: Speech is Beautiful Newsletter
I'm also on:
Thanks so much!