Nothing gets kids engaged in critical thinking and valuable conversation like the opportunity to apply what they've learned in math to real world situations! These task cards are a great way for students to solve math word problems related to real world scenarios!
These task cards work well for morning warmups, early finishers, math centers, and enrichment activities for partners and small groups to complete. Every task card ends with the prompt "What do you do?", requiring students to apply their math knowledge to figure out the situation.
Students will review:
- the 4 operations (including interpreting the remainder in a division problem)
- making change
- numerical patterns
- equivalent fractions and fractional parts of a set
- equivalent measurements (U.S. customary and metric)
- perimeter and area
- elapsed time
- 16 printer-friendly task cards
- student recording sheet
- answer key
- directions for preparation and use
Please check out the preview to see more!
Content reflects the 2016 4th grade Math SOLs; this activity would be a great end-of-year review after these units have been taught.
Thanks for visiting my store!
CLICK HERE for more math task cards!