This is a real world math packet; Disney World edition.
Students will read a situation based on real world problems. They will be given a budget of $6,000.00 and need to research whether or not that will be enough for a Disney vacation for a family of four. Various skills touched upon within this packet include; reading comprehension, computer skills, computation skills, budgeting and problem solving.
Students will need to:
- Figure out dates for the vacation
- Research and choose flights
- Research and book hotels
- Know how to use Google Maps in order to figure out how far a location is
- Research and book car rentals
- Research Disney World ticket prices
- Know how to add up their totals, including adding sales tax
- Know if they went over budget or not
- Know how to fill out a check