This is a real world math packet; Buying a Pet edition.
Students will read a situation based on real world problems. They will be given a budget of $1,000.00 and need to research whether or not that will be enough to buy a new pet. Various skills touched upon within this packet include; reading comprehension, computer skills, computation skills, budgeting, time management and problem solving.
Students will need to:
- Choose a pet
- Research items the pet will need
- Research how much vet bills cost
- Know how to convert percentages when using coupons
- Know how to add up their totals, including adding sales tax
- Know if they went over budget or not
- Know how to fill out a time management schedule
- Know how to fill out a check