Get your students to draw and translate hidden messages in each QR code. I use this product with Realidades I Chapter 4B. The Thumbnails may not reflect correctly, but all 13 pages and 12 QR codes are included.
1. Students will need to download an app called “QR reader” to their device.
2. Print the QR codes, and spread/ tape them across the room.
3. Print the template QR Code Blank Boxes from the preview tab.
4. Use your discretion, and decide if you prefer to allow students to work in pairs. I have to allow them to work in pairs or threes, since not all of my students have smart phones.
5. The activity should last about 20-25 minutes. It depends on the size of the class.
6. Students will scan each code and if the message is in Spanish they will draw it. If the message is in English, they must translate it.
Before I begin this activity, I go over a couple of details they need to remember:
• Vocabulary List from Realidades I 4B
• How to describe how someone feels
• Conjugating verbs: Jugar, Poder and review Ir
• How to tell time, and indicate what time of day