This can be used in most level 1 Spanish classes because it practices personality adjectives and agreement. This set of vocabulary words also reviews Realidades 1 ch. 1A vocabulary which is gusta + infinitives. Students practice adjective agreement, ser, and putting full sentences together with the word "porque." Rules are included! This is a very fun game that can be used as competition or as something tangible for students to put together the sentences.
- I print out several sets of these cards on different colored paper in case there is some mixing of sets.
- Cut out the cards.
- Hand out one set of cards to students (I prefer to do groups of two or three for this activity, but you can do one set per student).
- Tell the students to lay out all the cards so they can see them, but they are not categorized or organized.
- Read out a sentence in English following the format given below. For example, “The girl is artistic because she likes to draw.”
- The first group to correctly form the sentence in Spanish using the cards will win that round. I like to start out easy (“The boy is studious.”) then build on the sentences with the porque and gusta phrases. You can also use “pero” to form sentences such as “The girl is nice but she’s lazy.” Also, be sure to remind students about adjective agreement! This makes it a little trickier, too!