Get your students to draw and translate hidden messages in each QR code. I use this product with Realidades II Chapter 1A. The Thumbnails may not reflect correctly, but all 13 pages and 12 QR codes are included.
1. Students will need to download an app called “QR reader” to their device.
2. Print the QR codes. Scatter and tape them across the room.
3. Print the template QR Code Blank Boxes from the preview tab.
4. Use your discretion, and decide if you prefer to allow students to work in pairs. I have to allow them to work in pairs or threes since not all of my students have smartphones.
5. The activity should last about 20-25 minutes. It depends on the size of the class.
6. Students will scan each code and if the message is in Spanish they will translate it to English. If the message is in English, they must translate to Spanish. There are two QR codes students will draw.
Before I begin this activity, I go over a couple of details they need to remember:
• Vocabulary List from Realidades II 1A
• Prepositions: On top of and to the left