From Electric English...
This is a packet that contains a vast amount of material covering the American Realistic Period of literature. For this reason, I have intentionally not included lesson plans to accompany this material; the idea here is that you have a variety of resources to pull from as you decide how you want to shape what little time you have in the classroom. Aahhhh, there never seems to be enough time :) Anyway, whether you love Edwin Arlington Robinson, Frederick Douglass, or Charlotte Perkins Gilman... There is something in this packet for you.
You may notice that there are a Realism 1 and Realism 2 packet posted in my store. This product contains everything from both :) I have listed only the first and last standards for Common Core, but you will cover most of the standards if you complete all of these activities. Whether you are a fan of Common Core or not; all of these activities are simply great teaching practices...
You might also notice as you peruse my store that each of these items is listed individually, as well as, bundled. For example, the answer key for an assessment is listed separate from the assessment itself.... This is not because I am greedy or want to squeeze one more dollar out of you. Had I included the answer key with the assessment, I would have listed the price at a dollar higher anyway.
No, I list everything separate because as a teacher, I know, that sometimes you want some material but do not want other material. And, you should not have to pay for items you do not need. To continue with my previous example, you might just want to do the answer key yourself and save the money.... I completely understand the need to save money; what teacher doesn't :) But if you do want it all, this packet easily contains twelve weeks of work, if not more...
Hold onto your hat; this packet contains the following:
- Realism Powerpoint
- Realism Powerpoint Review
- Literary Analysis Powerpoint
- Video: Civil War Two Column Notes
- Notes: Realism (Typed)
- Notes: Annotating a Text
- Notes: Annotating Student Examples
- Notes: Argumentation and Persuasion Notes
- Notes: Diction
- Notes: Style and Syntax
- Notes: Tone
- Notes: Tone DIDLS Activity
- Notes: Tone Words
- Diction Advertisment Activity
- Diction Advertisment Choices
- Diction Surrender Speeches Activity
- Diction Surrender Speeches Full Text
- Diction Surrender Speeches Essential Journal Questions
- Syntax and Style: Analysis Practice
- Syntax and Style: Analysis Practice Key
- Tone: Bradbury MadLib
- Tone: Bradbury MadLib Template
- Tone: MadLib 1
- Tone: MadLib 2
- Tone: MadLib Activity Words
- OnGoing Research Project
- OnGoing Research Project Example
- Short Story Analysis Project
- Short Story Analysis Project Template
- Full Texts for Short Story Analysis Project
- Gettysburg Address: DIDLS Activity
- Gettysburg Address: SOAPSTone Activity
- Frederick Douglass Packet (I am not going to list everything individually for the Douglass Packet or any of the other packets below.... The list would just be too long and obnoxious. If you want to see what each packet contains, just look at those smaller packets posted in my store. There are detailed descriptions for each on these individual listings.
- Kate Chopin Packet
- Mark Twain Packet
- Walt Whitman Packet
- Ambrose Bierce Packet
- Jack London Packet
- Stephen Crane Packet
- Willa Cather Packet
- Edwin Arlington Robinson Packet
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman Packet
If you have any questions or observations at all; please feel free to contact me...